11 Ways to Get the Most from Your Membership11 Easy Ways to Get Involved with TMBA
TMBA is your association. Make the most of your membership by getting involved in one of the many opportunities listed below. Participation creates new opportunities to learn from and network with the leaders who are shaping the field of mortgage banking. Find out more by calling 866-916-9428; our staff will be happy to discuss how you can become more involved with TMBA.
- 1. Help define the TMBA agenda as a volunteer for the Annual Convention or state-wide training programs.
- 2. Offer feedback as a “mystery member”. Tell us what you identify as our areas of strength and weakness.
- 3. Let TMBA help you plan & host your own training events based on your idea of membership needs.
- 4. Join a committee. Committee members have an opportunity to exchange knowledge, disseminate findings, assist in decision-making, build skills, and network with those sharing common goals.
- 5. Join the TMBA online community. Join mortgage bankers interested in TMBA by finding us on Facebook or join our LinkedIn Group.
- 6. Apply for a scholarship. The Education Trust Fund Scholarship is available to help students pursue their career in mortgage banking, or raise the professional development of current mortgage bankers pursuing their CMB designation.
- 7. Start a Forum A special interest group meeting is a great way for a smaller group of individuals to openly discuss their shared focus.
- 8. Nominate candidates for the President’s Award This is awarded at the TMBA Annual Convention each spring. Qualifying individuals have played a noticeably active role in the Association.
- 9. Nominate Candidates for the TMBA Board of Directors. The Board of Directors set the association on its direction to fulfill the mission and purpose. They develop strategies and make decisions to ensure the sustainability of this organization and to fulfill its mission and purpose at all times.
- 10. Become an advocate. Join TMBPAC. Participate in Day on the Hill. Make appointments with Legislators to let your opinion be heard. We have strength in numbers, but every individual voice matters most.
- 11. Spread the word. Distribute TMBA information to your colleagues, and show them how valuable TMBA membership is in advancing their career, supporting the economy, networking, and keeping up-to-date on the latest information in the mortgage banking industry.
Thank you for getting involved in TMBA - the association will be better for it - and hopefully, you will be too.